Monday, August 31, 2009

Overall Update.




Today is Monday. Its going to be a busy week. First off the kids slept until 9am which has NEVER happened before. (It has still NEVER happened when Mike is home). So that was a nice surprise. We also got our cracked in half windshield replaced, also nice. On the other hand, our water in the tub hasn't been working so well. If the hot is turned too much it won't turn off...slight problem since that is where the kids are bathed. So we attempted to get it fixed...by a plumber...well not a plumber our neighbor actually took a look at it since we are scared of plumbers. Anyways, its almost impossible to get to the pipes, like we might have to cut a hole in the side of the bathroom cabinet to get to them, and they did a bad pipe job before we moved in so in order to turn the water off in the tub all the water in the entire house must be turned off...slight problem...hopefully the hot side won't get totally stuck on or the house water will be turned off until it is fixed.
Tomorrow is Tuesday. I'm preparing for the worst. I feel pregnant. Not unhealthy or dying or anything just pregnant. Tuesday is my doctor's appointment. I was sticking to my pound a week thing until a few days ago...yes...I am gifted...at gaining weight that is...I managed to gain 2 pounds over night by eating salad...and not too much extra junk. I'm preparing myself for total of 20 pounds gained total...not so hot when I technically have 14 weeks left. I also have been feeling like the sides of my legs are sore...trust me...I'm not exercising except for the normal every day walking and taking care of kids...I shouldn't be sore. The hip pain has moved down which I find to be weird. I have also begun to swell if I get to warm. My hands and my feet don't like warmth at all right now, I also have a problem falling a sleep and staying a sleep. I feel like I am constantly flipping from side to side all night long and tossing my hated body pillow (hated by Mike, loved by me while pregnant) from side to side. Things aren't that bad actually...looking on the bright side it was quite cool today. Like low 70s. Very nice.
Wednesday-Cleaning day. I won't be going to work since the babysitter will be attending a funeral. Instead I'll be cleaning. because. . .
Thursday- the Hopsons are coming. . .which leads to. . .
Friday- where at 4:30 am Mike and David will be driven to the airport and sent off by a smiling face. . .then that smiling face will return home and get some sleep. . .then it will begin. Chaos. Sara, and their two kids, and I and our two kids will be here for a week while Mike and David go to the Lohnes/Mosesly wedding in France. Sara and I will be left to control the chaos the best we know how from Friday to the following Saturday. A whole entire week. Just us. and four kids. 3 1/2, 3, 21 month old and a 17 month old...Dun Dun Dun...what were we thinking to allow this?!?!? Actually, I'm sure we will be exhausted but I think it will be a lot of fun. Sara and I tend to have a great time together and I'm sure the kids will entertain each other somewhat. My goal is to have fun. Sara and I, a bunch of kids and a mini van. . .just think of all the trouble we can get into. I'll keep you posted on the upcoming week. . .hopefully. . .as long as I'm still in one piece and not being help hostage...you never know.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie-There's a great chiro by your house. On Madison-Health First. Corey and Andy are both incredible. Maybe that would help your hip pain? I discovered this before my 3rd was born and it was a much more comfortable pregnancy. My hip joint likes to pop out of place sometimes. Email me on Facebook if you want any more details. Sarah Vehige

Anonymous said...

Oh and don't beat yourself up about the weight. I bet you won't gain a pound the last month at all! Enjoy your week! Sarah (again)

meppalmer said...

Mikie you look really great in your picture. Hope Stephanie doesn't cute off you hair before you go to France. Have a wonderful trip. Stephanie don't let those kids take you and Sara over. Have fun!!

meppalmer said...

Oh Mikie, dad and I think Obie is looking more like you every day. Especially through the eyes and with your hair. Better get that stick out before those girls start calling him :)