Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Oh WOW. . .

Grace and Obie are lucky they made it to lunch time today. Really, I don't know what the deal was but the whining was going to be the end for those two. All morning they whined and cried and complained about everything. . .We attempted to have fun in the pool and keep busy but that sure didn't help. Finally I declared it was Game Over. Everyone inside, get dressed and just be quiet. Then they had to beg for a DVD. Are you kidding me?!?!? a DVD?!?!? YOU GET NOTHING. I was so done with them. I told them they could share a small bag of Sun Chips while I made lunch, and if I heard anymore yelling or crying someone was going to be in trouble. . .and YOU BETTER SHARE THOSE CHIPS! So I retreated to the kitchen, huffing and puffing, as they sat quietly in the living room. Lunch was the turn around. . .things started looking up. Grace, halfway though, looked at me and said "Mama I'm sorry I didn't listen, are you still made at us?" Ahhhh, how could I be mad at that? After a little hug and me confirming I wasn't mad and that I still loved her things got better. They ate everything they were told, got some Jello and we were even able to play with some blocks before nap time. Now they are both asleep. . .nothing better then a good ending.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is so sweet! My little man is really starting to throw temper tantrums (pretty much most of the day) and I have just about had it. Right now I am just ignoring him when he does it, because when I was disciplining him for it he seemed to flip out even more. Oh the fun days ;)

jennifer said...

oh stephanie! how hilarious... i can totally see that happening. i'm glad they made it because i like them.

Unknown said...

That's a great story! I love happy endings! Thanks for sharing it with us. Love you, Mom B.