Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A little word of advice. . .

if you have to pick which glucose drink to take for your test, pick the lemon lime flavor. It is so much better then the orange stuff I picked the last time. So with that said, my doctor's visit. I started with getting my blood drawn for my test. Then it was on to waiting for my turn in one of the rooms. I ended up in the ultra sound room. I didn't have an ultra sound scheduled and I figured she was just going to get the Doppler thing out. I usually don't have questions or anything so I see her for maybe 5 minutes. . .today was different. First the scale. Up a total of 17 pounds which was better then I was preparing for. Blood pressure was 100/70 I think. After the nurse did all her stuff I waited for the doctor. She made her entrance, and immediately put the warm jelly stuff on my belly. . .weird I thought but I wasn't going to stop her. . .I asked if there was anything she was looking for specifically, see said she just wanted to take a look. I think she secretly wanted to check to see what the baby was. She always gives us a hard time about not finding out what the baby is. Anyways, everything looked good. She said the baby was head down already, which I wondered about due to where most of it's movement seems to be, then she looked at the heart and moved her way up to see its legs. She told me not to look if I didn't want to see what it was. . .I didn't look. . .I knew Mike would kill me. We got a good look at its face. It was opening and closing its mouth and had the chubbiest little cheeks ever. The chin didn't look as pointed as Grace and Obie's in their pictures and it had some major jowls. I'll try to get the picture up soon. So that was my appointment. A nice surprise.

2 comments:

meppalmer said...

Great job Stephanie at not gaining 20 pounds. Guess that ice cream diet is working!! Keep up the great work. Oh what was the babies heart rate? Dad and I were saying when you have the baby, we are not sure we will be able to call them anything but "PINKY".

JuanitaNC said...

Great Job!!!!! Not gaining so much weight.What is the ice cream diet?