Sunday, July 12, 2009

A new day. . .a new adventure. . .

I think I'm getting a lesson in anger. . .and patience. It took me awhile but I have now figured out how to get pictures printed by uploading them to Costco and then picking them up two hours later. . .not as good and using my own printer, OH that's right I don't have one anymore. . .but it worked and things turned out pretty good. Right before I went to pick them up I got my lesson in anger management. . .you see, I got two pictures printed large, 11 by 14 (of Grace and Obie) and I had these two pictures from to put them in. Well, I had one sitting in the living room because I had been looking at the size of it. . .well basically Mike accidentally broke the glass in it. Yeah, the glass in the frame I had now been working 2 days to fill. . .in a matter of seconds gone. . .I was getting ready to go pick up my amazing picture and now I had no where to put it. I lost it a little bit. . .although it could have been worst. I let him know I was very angry. . .with no yelling or flying objects (I rarely throw things, just kidding) Anyways, I expressed my anger in a very cool and calm way and then made my way out the door to Costco. I picked up my pictures and while reflecting on the who "broken glass" thing I decided I was very justified in stopping by Michael's to look at new frames. . .based on how my weekend was going I "just knew" they wouldn't have a frame in both the size and color I wanted but figured if I didn't check I wouldn't know. . .plus the few extra minutes alone would do me good. Anyways, I walked in and saw a black frame in the right size. . .but I was looking for white. "Figures" I thought, "The world is against me, what else could I expect. . ." And then I thought "At least there is hope, at least they carry that size. . ." and my mission intensified. Then I saw it. The color the size the 40% off sign. BINGO! MISSION COMPLETE. Finally some success. Got home, shared my new treasures, started putting my pictures in the frames and as I opened the second one. . . I noticed the whole corner was apart. . .split. I KNEW it, too good to be true. ArGHHHH! That was it. . .I was determined not to be defeated. . .I got back in the car. . .well van. . .because I'm such a cool mom and went back to Michael's. . .I exchanged it. . .went back home and finally true success. Ahhhh! To top it all off I even had a streak of pure motivation. . .I got rid of all the junk in our room and cleaned it. . .I usually don't get to clean or do much in our room because I'm either sleeping in it, Obie is napping in it or I don't want to let me little helpers get hold of it. . .Let me just say this was a huge accomplishment. . .the amount of dust was embarrassing. . .but is now gone. Maybe I'll take a picture to prove my success. . .Now I sit in my clean room, eatting a bowl of cherries, and really needing to go to bed. Good night.

1 comment:

the style crusader said...

well done! stephanie, i'm impressed you cleaned your room. did you dust above the ceiling fan? next time i'm there i will help you clean!!