Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'm sure its a fluke. . .

I'm sure this won't happen for a long time again. . .but it happened today and was amazing. Absolutely AMAZING and UNBELIEVABLE. I got O' up from his nap this morning and we were all going to go out and play in the water. So I took off his PJs and was going to take off his diaper but it was dry. I considered taking it off but I thought that would be pretty risky considering he had had it on for several hours and it was still dry. Anyways, he ran a few steps away and started taking it off himself and saying "Pee Pee." (usually when he points to his diaper I ask him if he went pee pee or poo poo just so he kind of learns the words) So he said "huh" which is his yes and I said "do you want to go sit on the potty?" He has sat on if a few times but just for the fun of it (usually after G'). . .he usually hops off pretty quick. Anyways, we went and sat on it. . .while he sat on it G' told him to go pee pee and told him to push on his belly to get it to come out. He was enjoying his potty time so I started singing pee pee songs. . .made up. . .but pretty good songs I have to admit. Then all of a sudden he peed! Right into the potty. I don't know who was more excited. I wasn't expecting it. . .at all! He tried to touch the stream of pee and when he did I told him no. . .which made him stop going. . .then I told him to go pee pee and he looked down and went some more. It was amazing! I couldn't believe it. When he was done we sang and danced and ate jelly bellies. It was great! G' and I cheered and O' soaked in all the praise. . .I doubt it will happen again for a very long time. . .but for this time we thoroughly enjoyed the event. . .hopefully we can do it again sometime.

2 comments:

JuanitaNC said...

That is great!!! Michael was train before he was 2.Keep it up before long he will tell you he has to go.Any news about your Dad.

Unknown said...

That is awesome! I wish I could have been a fly on the wall watching the whole thing. You make having two kids sound like so much fun!