Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ahhh. . .What a day. . .

So today. What "great" highlights can I share with you from today. . .I think the whole nesting thing is starting. All I want to do is sleep, eat and clean. . .only problem is Grace and Obie only enjoy 1 of the 3 things. Jenny would be so proud. I cleaned the living room today, but not only did I clean it I also vacuumed something that I haven't vacuumed since we moved in. On the floor in the corner is a vent thingy that I guess is suppose to suck up air for the air/heater or whatever. Anyways, it has had stuff fall in it, its been dusty. . .but its in the corner on the floor and I forget about it. Today was different. I conquered the vent. Yahoo. We also vacuumed all the furniture and moved the couch and chairs and cleaned under and behind them. Let me just remind you this was Obie, Grace and I who accomplished it. I also really wanted to move everything around but figured, after much internal conflict, that I probably shouldn't be attempting to move the entertainment center. So that was the cleaning spree. I started to attempt more but Obie fell off the couch when I wasn't looking and then him and Grace went crazy. Yes crazy. I wasn't sure we were all going to make it through the day, Seriously. I accidentally taught Grace the word attack so she ran around up stairs with Obie chasing her all while yelling "He's attacking me!" Obie loved it. They have also decided its fun to tackle and hit on each other. At this point I decided to move on with lunch and bring on nap time. While I was making lunch, or more like attempting to make lunch Obie refused to get out of the fridge and refused to stop taking stuff out. As I tried to close the door he grabbed the shelve thingy on the door, broke it off and watched all the bottles fall onto the floor. Ahhhhh! I was so mad. I stuck him in time out, and he stayed. After that ordeal I stuck him in his seat with a piece of cheese while I finished up lunch. He had a hot dog. Watching him eat it made me want to vomit. I don't know what the deal was today but some how he thought it would be a good idea to squeeze the life out of the poor hot dog. Then after all the squeezing he managed to eat the insides and leave the skin on his plate. What an accomplishment. Next he decided rubbing his nasty hands all over me was a wise ideas. Little did he know that it was not so wise. Even though it was an hour early Obie's nap time had come. Grace followed her lunch with an hour of dancing and then it was nap time for her. I had big plans but after my issues with Obie I surrendered and took a nap. . .but first I made sure I called Mike to let him know he was lucky "his" son was still alive. We are hoping for a better rest of the week.

4 comments:

meppalmer said...

WOW that is amazing that you lived through that. Are you sure I am going to survive without you when you go to the hospital. HUM what will an old Nana do? Glad to hear you took a nap that is always a wonderful thing to do at any age. Believe me dad and I take lots of them. Sorry to hear about your 7 pound gain, maybe next week you will loose some of the "water" gain. See you soon!

The Spicy Chickadee said...

Your kids are funny. I'm sure you didn't think what they did was funny but someday you'll read what you wrote and laugh. Hope tomorrow is better. :)

Team Inglis said...

1. i am proud! and i know the vent you are talking about.
2. i laughed at the thought of obie and the hotdog, and i feel like i can smell hotdogs now..?
3. am also glad to hear that obie made it through alive.
4. 7 pounds isn't that bad is it? i think i can accomplish that easily on two weeks to america!!

Debbie said...

Wow, that's quite the undertaking and with two little helpers (or is it hinder-helpers) with you. I remember what it was like some of those days with so much "help". Plus being 33 1/2 weeks pregnant. You are amazing! I'm glad that Obie is still alive! (-; Love you, Mom B.