Tuesday, October 6, 2009

2 trips down. . .one to go. . .







I'm back from the second trip. After we got back from CA I had a day here and then I flew to NC for a cousins wedding. It was a quick trip but all went well. I haven't had to fly by myself in the longest time and I didn't have any kids I was responsible for of 2 nights and 1 1/2 day. Pretty weird. It was great to see everyone at the wedding, but it was kind of weird to be on my own. I had to rent a car on my own (which I've never done), I had to wait for my plane on my own, look for signs and get there all on my own. I knew I could do it but after being married for almost 8 1/2 years there are things I'm just not used to doing. . .like trying to find my way somewhere I've never been, or having to stop and ask directions at a gas station at 5am. I never ask for directions or look at a map, that's Mike's job. I also don't have to worry if I can lift my super heavy carry on up into the little space above my seat. . .Mike's job too. I also don't have to worry about who I have to sit by because it is always Mike. . .not this time. It was a little weird. Much more worry free when Mike is around. . .Speaking of Mike, he did a great job with the kids. He got them all dressed up to come to the airport. . .Obie had on a little blazer and plaid pants and Grace had her plaid dress on with her sparkly shoes, and her hair was done. The house was clean, with dishes done, and when they got me they offered to take me to breakfast. Grace picked Denny's surprise surprise. They have discontinued her favorite alien pancakes and the colored sugared that can be poured into water to turn it green. . .she was disappointed. . .I'm not sure if it will be her favorite anymore or not. So overall my trip was a quick little alone get a way. It made me realize how much I depend on Mike without even realizing it. So I better make sure I appreciate it and not take it for granted probably like I usually do. . .

No comments: