Tuesday, April 27, 2010

No Better Left Over.

I'm never very good at using left over ingredients. It seems they either get taken to work with Mike or they sit in the fridge and go bad. Unless its a meal, Mike doesn't really take it to work and my left overs this time were definitely not a meal. For Grace's birthday party I had bought a bunch (two large boxes) of strawberries. I cut one box of strawberries up and we barely but a dent in them. This left me with a big bowl of cut up strawberries, plus another large box in the fridge which were destined to go bad. Since Friday night I have also had a double boiler half full of white chocolate. This was also destined for the trash. . .I just had to remelt it in order to get it out and have been too lazy thus far to do so. Anyways, yesterday I had a thought. A very yummy thought actually. Chocolate covered strawberries. . .not too hard. So today during nap time my leftovers were put to good use. Take a peek. . .

3 comments:

the style crusader said...

stephanie i love this post!! these look so stinking good! also, i love photos of food and these are seriously amazing. yum yum. pencil these in for september too please!

p.s totally misunderstood how expensive the 1.4 lens is... it's actually 340 GBP full price and second hand ones are like 230. boo :( i want one so badly! xx

Debbie said...

Man, those look good! Yea, for leftovers! Good job, Stephanie! Love you, Mom B.

meppalmer said...

Talk about something that you might see at "Godiva" or in the "Martha Stewart" cook book. These look so good!! GREAT job Stephanie!! Hope you make some when we come- but by then strawberries will most likely be out of season- Love you!