Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pee Pee Cup #4

Grace finished her antibiotics on Monday so today we went in for her to be retested and make sure everything was cleared up. . .it wasn't. They said it looked like she still had some of the infection and if she did go on a different type of antibiotic it would come back. . .OK. Makes since. Well they gave her a new prescription, along with two samples and a $40 coupon. . .which I thought was weird. If the coupon was for $40 how much was this medicine going to cost. Well we take it in, get it filled and the lady said it was $30. . .wow. . .$30. We never have prescriptions or go to the pharmacy but I felt like 10 days of medicine and $30 was a lot. When I actually paid, I was charged $10. Not so bad. I can handle that. . .well when I started looking at the bag it stated how much the medicine costs without insurance and how much my insurance saved me. It was unbelievable. It said the medicine cost $302.99!!!!! Can you believe that!?!?!? Do people really have to pay that?!?!?! I can't imagine! I immediately felt thankful for my little $10 copay. . .but I just can't believe people have to pay that, not to mention they can charge that.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

i know...it's pretty crazy some of the prices for meds

JuanitaNC said...

It's crazy.I had some medicine and it is around $350.00 without insurance.Your Grandma Poole has some of here's is more than that I think.