Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Nap Time. . .Yeah Right!





So I decided to try to put both Obie and Grace down for a nap at the sametime in the same room. Usually I put Grace in her bed and Obie in the pack in play in the extra bedroom. Anyways, I lay them down and leave. Everything seems fine, there was some crying, some talking but everything seemed fine. I figured Obie would fall asleep and then Grace would have no one to bug and go to sleep herself. Well 45 minutes later I happen to hear Grace yell "Obie lay down!" So I waited, then heard rambling and laughing. I go upstairs and find Grace standing in her bed and Obie standing in his bed chewing on the rail and smiling at Grace. I asked Grace what she was doing and she matter of factly said "Talking." I said aren't you suppose to be sleeping? She covered her eyes and said "Obie! Peek a boo!" Obie laughed, smiled and then looked at me. That was the end of group naptime. I've decided not to try that again for a while. . .maybe never. It was pretty funny, just very unsuccessful.

1 comment:

ben said...

we can't even get Travis to leave Hannah alone when she's napping in another room and he's supposed to be quiet -- he hasn't quite grasped the concept yet...hopefully your kids will work it out next time...hey, look at this way -- early bedtime at night!...