Sunday, November 29, 2009

Unbelievable.

M' is now 1 week old. The first few days we were having trouble getting her to stay asleep during the night for more then 1 1/2 hours. She would want to eat and then go back to sleep. . .it wasn't exactly working for us. We were kind of aiming for at least 2-3 hours in a row. Anyways we started to experiment with her sleeping and we figured out that if we set her in her car seat, swaddled and on a thick blanket, along with a thick blanket over her body she would sleep much longer. Last night was the second night trying it and it was unbelievable. I fed her at 11pm and laid her down about 11:30pm. . .then I went to sleep. I slept and slept and slept. I finally woke up at 4am. . .checked to make sure she was still breathing and made Mike check her. . .then I went back to sleep. Finally at 6:30am I heard M'. . .I couldn't believe she slept for so long. I was amazed at 4am. . .so 6:30am was incredible. I'm hoping this continues. . .I loved it.
My little sleeper.

3 comments:

Team Inglis said...

haha, stephanie i think she takes after her mom. i didn't realize that you had her sleep in her car seat at night! that is so funny!

Jennifer Mahoney said...

this pictures is so cute. You look beautiful!

Rantipole15 said...

Brahm totally slept in his car seat till he was almost 4 months old...hey, anything for a quiet life, right? Sleep is SO IMPORTANT.