Sunday, November 30, 2008

My First Thanksgiving. . .













Of course I've had Thanksgiving before but this time I did it the real grown up type of way. Yup. me. I invited people over, cleaned, cooked, and entertained. Well. . .kind of. Here is the proof. . . .


We did most of the work the night before. . .Mike helped a lot. We did have on minor problem. This lovely roasting pan managed somehow to get a whole in the bottom. All the juice leaked out leaving us with a smokey mess and a yucky oven. We managed to save some of the juice for gravey and we got most of the burned juice off the bottom of the oven. No one was here yet so all was well. Mike also had a first. He carved the turkey all by himself. He did quite a nice job. I also made my first apple pie ever. The inside was from scratch and, I admit, I cheated on the crust but I was pretty impressed with my creation. So impressed, I've had a piece everyday since Thursday.

No comments: